For the purpose of the relevant data protection legislation, the “controller” is FIXT Ltd at Kings Park, Les Quarte Vents, St Martins, GY4 6SS. We can be contacted at email@example.com.
FIXT Ltd complies with its obligations under the DP Law by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Types of Personal Data we collect
As a client of FIXT Ltd, we collect information that helps us identify you and meet the obligations of our business engagement with you. Where you are a client, or you have been referred to Fixt Ltd by a third party such as your insurer, loss adjuster or quantity surveyor, the personal information we will collect includes your first and last name, company name (if applicable), your address, telephone number(s) and email address(es).
We do not collect any Special Category Data about you (this includes race, religion, political interests, sexual interests, information about your health), nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Purpose or processing your Personal Data
We shall not share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
We shall use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Maintenance of contract and communication with you during your dealings with FIXT Ltd.
- Maintenance of our own records and accounts.
- Correspondence with the Development and Planning Authority (“DPA”) for the submission of pre-application, planning and building control application.
- Shared with third party agents/suppliers or contractors, in connection with the processing of your personal information for the purposes described in this Policy. This may include, but is not limited to, disclosures to our own advisors such as auditors and accountants and any external legal advisors we may instruct.
- To inform you of news and events.
Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between us or between Fixt Ltd and a third party with whom you have entered into a contract with and we have been engaged to perform services under that contract shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed and for as long as it is necessary in conjunction with our Professional Indemnity and other Insurances / collateral warranty agreements and contracts.
Data for Employment and Recruitment purposes
By applying for a job, answering screening questions, providing your contact details, providing a CV/portfolio to show interest in a job, or by replying to a message from a us, you agree to the processing of your data by us for the purposes of recruitment and potential employment.
Personal data collected for the purposes related to recruitment and employment by us shall be retained for as long as it is necessary to ensure we meet our obligations under the DP Law.
Your rights and your Personal Data
Under The Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2017 you may request details of personal information which we hold about you or request that we update the details that we hold about you.
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights:
- to request that we provide you with a copy of the information we hold about you (“Right of access”)
- to request that we rectify any information we hold about you (“Right to rectification”),
- to request that we erase any information we hold about you (“Right to be erasure”),
- to restrict the level of processing we carry out with your information (“Right to restriction of Processing”),
- to obtain from us all personal data we hold about you in a structured, machine readable form, and have this information transmitted to another organisation (“Right to data portability”),
- to object to our processing your information in certain ways (“Right to Object”); and.
- withdraw your consent at any time to our processing of your data.
You can find further details at:
Questions and contact information
If you have any queries or complaints please contact our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to complain about how your data is being processed, please contact:
The Office of the Data Protection Authority
St Martins House
St Peter Port